Now displaying: Page 1
May 7, 2018
Kerry Rock is an Army veteran and Team RWB member. Chris Long is a NFL veteran and two-time Super Bowl champion. They couldn’t be any different in stature or background, but they’re making a difference in both their local community of Charlottesville, VA and on the other side of the world in east Africa. Having recently #ConqueredKili, we sit down with Kerry and Chris for a casual conversation covering everything from sports to community service. This is definitely an hour well-spent...enjoy the conversation!
In this episode we discuss:
- Starting a Team RWB Chapter, the challenges and the rewards
- Training for a NFL season, a 10-miler, and climbing a big mountain
- Service...taking action and giving of your most precious resource (time) to make a difference
- Delivering impact at the community level, whether that be at home or halfway across the world
- The perspective provided by poverty and summiting Mount Kilimanjaro (19,341 ft)
- The next tattoo
Additional callouts from this episode:
- Learn more about the work Chris is doing through his foundation at https://chrislongfoundation.org/. And make sure you check out https://waterboys.org (@WaterboysORG) to see the great stuff Chris and our friend Nate Boyer (@nateboyer37) are doing to challenge veterans and bring wells to African communities in need.
- Kerry did in fact propose to this girlfriend Colleen via video from the summit...she of course accepted. Congrats Kerry and Colleen!
- Give Chris a follow on Twitter (@JOEL9ONE) and Instagram (laflamablanca95)
- And because Ellen...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_ez5ekvhxs