Now displaying: Page 1
Mar 29, 2018
Among many other things, Elyse served as the first female Fire Support Officer in Afghanistan and has helped spearhead the integration of female Soldiers into combat arms. After serving 5.5 years on active duty, Elyse is currently in the Army Reserves and lives in Washington, D.C. where she is completing her Master's at Georgetown University. She is an accomplished mountaineer, with expeditions on Everest, Denali, Rainier, Elbrus, Kilimanjaro, Aconcagua, and peaks in the French Alps, Rockies, and Sierra Nevadas.
In this episode we discuss:
- Her military experience, and what it was like being the first female first support officer in Afghanistan.
- USX and her work in support of veterans and research
- Her participation in the Women Veteran Athlete Initiative
- Mountaineering, and her love for high altitude
- Navigating her love for travel with life as an Army officer